Saturday 16 June 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Cassot and Ake Hermanson.
Human Wreckage, directed by John Griffith Wray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1923 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Marc Cassot
- Ake Hermanson: Composer.
- Henryk Czyz: Composer.
- Ron Flockhart: Scottish race car driver (d. 1962).
- Sun Yat Sen founds military academy
- The storming of Ayan in Siberia concludes the Yakut Revolt and the Russian Civil War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?