Saturday 16 June 1923US date format: 6/16/1923, UK date format: 16/6/1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Cassot and Ake Hermanson.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1923 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Marc Cassot
- Erland Josephson: Actor.
- Ake Hermanson: Composer.
- Henryk Czyz: Composer.
- Ron Flockhart: Scottish race car driver (d. 1962).
- Sun Yat Sen founds military academy
- The storming of Ayan in Siberia concludes the Yakut Revolt and the Russian Civil War.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra