Tuesday 16 May 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Sullavan and Olaff J de Landell [JB Wemmerslager van Sparwoude].
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1911 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Margaret Sullavan: Norfolk, Virginia -- Actress (Back Street).
- Olaff J de Landell [JB Wemmerslager van Sparwoude]: writer.
- Zoë Fontana: Italian fashion designer, founded the house of Haute Couture, Sorelle Fontana, in Rome, 1946 with her two younger sisters, Micol and Giovanna.
- Zeppelin Deutscheland wrecked at Dusseldorf
- Remains of a neanderthal man found in Jersey United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 May 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Oh, That We Two Were Maying - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Some of These Days - American Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?