Saturday 16 November 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josette Rey-Debove and Ed Asner.
The Vagabond Lover, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1929 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Josette Rey-Debove: French lexicographer and semiologist, wife and colleague of Alain Rey.
- Ed Asner: Actor.
- Peter Boizot: English businessman and philanthropist founded PizzaExpress.
- Mira Devi: Bangladeshi-Indian author and educator (d. 2009).