Friday 16 September 1921US date format: 9/16/1921, UK date format: 16/9/1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Korla Pandit and Fritz Geissler.
Camille, directed by Ray C. Smallwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1921 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Korla Pandit: American pianist and composer (d. 1998).
- Fritz Geissler: Composer.
- John Hendricks: Lyricist singer (Lambert, Hendricks & Ross).
- William Johnston: Chaplain to Queen of Scotland.
- Dusty Hughers: Playwright.
- Carlos Infante Rubira: Ecuadorian composer of popular music.
- Jon Hendricks: American singer-songwriter.
- Jerald Brauer: American Lutheran clergyman, church historian, and educator.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra