Friday 16 September 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dusty Hughers and Fritz Geissler.
The Wolverine, directed by William Bertram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1921 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Dusty Hughers: Playwright.
- Fritz Geissler: Composer.
- John Hendricks: Lyricist singer (Lambert, Hendricks & Ross).
- William Johnston: Chaplain to Queen of Scotland.
- Jerald Brauer: American Lutheran clergyman, church historian, and educator.
- Carlos Infante Rubira: Ecuadorian composer of popular music.
- Jon Hendricks: American singer-songwriter
- Korla Pandit: American pianist and composer (d. 1998)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peggy O'Neil - Charles Harrison
- Tea Leaves - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?