Thursday 17 July 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garde Gardom .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It Had to be You by Isham Jones & His Orchestra.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 17 July 1924
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1924 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Garde Gardom: Canadian lawyer and politician 26th Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia (d. 2013).
- Voting in federal elections becomes compulsory in Australia, after a private member's bill proposed by Tasmanian Nationalist senator Herbert Payne results in the passing of the Commonwealth Electoral (Compulsory Voting) Act 1924.
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?