Friday 11 July 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Evans and Cesar Lattes.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1924 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Gene Evans: American actor with a career that spanned four decades.
- Claus Bremer: Writer.
- Cesar Lattes: Brazilian physicist (d. 2005).
- César Lattes: Brazilian physicist and academic (d. 2005).
- Brett Somers: Canadian-American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- Charlie Tully: Northern Irish footballer and manager (d. 1971).
- Moslem-Hindu rebellion in Delhi
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Henry Burr & Marcia Freer
- Does the Spearment Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- I Wonder Who's Dancing with You Tonight? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra