Friday 11 July 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Evans and Claus Bremer.
Destiny, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1924 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Gene Evans: American actor with a career that spanned four decades.
- Claus Bremer: Writer.
- Cesar Lattes: Brazilian physicist (d. 2005).
- César Lattes: Brazilian physicist and academic (d. 2005).
- Brett Somers: Canadian-American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- Charlie Tully: Northern Irish footballer and manager (d. 1971).
- Moslem-Hindu rebellion in Delhi
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?