Sunday 13 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Handy and Carlo Bergonzi.
The Signal Tower, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1924 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- George Handy: Horse trainer.
- Carlo Bergonzi: Italian singer who made his opera debut as a baritone in Lecce in 1948 and as a tenor in Bari in 1951.
- Roland Bianchini: French jazz musician, bass player.
- Jean Ayme: French psychotherapist, who died in Paris on 31 March 2011.
- Michel Constantin: French film actor (Born 1924).
- Donald Osterbrock: American astronomer, best known for his work on star formation and on the history of astronomy. He died on 11 January 2007.
- Johnny Gilbert: American game show host and announcer
- Albin Stenroos wins Olympic marathon (2:41:22.6)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 July 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Henry Burr & Marcia Freer
- Does the Spearment Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- I Wonder Who's Dancing with You Tonight? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?