Sunday 13 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Constantin and Carlo Bergonzi.
The Signal Tower, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1924 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Michel Constantin: French film actor (Born 1924).
- Carlo Bergonzi: Italian singer who made his opera debut as a baritone in Lecce in 1948 and as a tenor in Bari in 1951.
- Jean Ayme: French psychotherapist, who died in Paris on 31 March 2011.
- Donald Osterbrock: American astronomer, best known for his work on star formation and on the history of astronomy.
- Johnny Gilbert: American game show host and announcer.
- Albin Stenroos wins Olympic marathon (2:41:22.6)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Wonder Who's Dancing with You Tonight? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Does the Spearment Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- What'll I Do? - Henry Burr & Marcia Freer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?