Wednesday 23 July 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wally Albertson and Betsy Haworth.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1924 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Wally Albertson: American educator, politician and activist.
- Betsy Haworth: Deacon / minister.
- Claude Penz: France sport Champion.
- Gavin Lambert: English-American screenwriter and author (d. 2005).
- Gazanfer Bilge: Turkish wrestler (d. 2008).
- Frank Frost Abbott: American classical scholar (Born 1850).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?