Tuesday 29 July 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short) and Robert Horton.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1924 ?
- Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short)
- Robert Horton: American actor who is best known for his role in the popular TV series "Wagon Train," 1957-1961.
- Robert Horton in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Kings Row, Wagon Train, Arena).
- Worth Bagley: American military man, a Vice-Admiral and a member of the illustrious Bagley military family.
- Elizabeth Short: American homicide victim dubbed "The Black Dahlia.
- Roberto Frinolli
- Albert Lesacqz: St Amand les Eaux Journalist.
- Jean Vernin: Melun EXecutives.
- Lloyd Bochner: Canadian-American actor (d. 2005).
- Black Dahlia: Murder victim found in LA (basis of the movie).
- Arnold Weinstock: English industrial / multi-millionaire (GEC).
- Paul Runyan wins the PGA golf championship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Lazy - Blossom Seeley
- Monavanna - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- It Had to Be You - Marion Harris
- Deep in My Heart - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?