Tuesday 29 July 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold Weinstock and Robert Horton in Los Angeles.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1924 ?
- Arnold Weinstock: English industrial / multi-millionaire (GEC).
- Robert Horton in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Kings Row, Wagon Train, Arena).
- Worth Bagley: American military man, a Vice-Admiral and a member of the illustrious Bagley military family.
- Robert Horton: American actor who is best known for his role in the popular TV series "Wagon Train," 1957-1961.
- Elizabeth Short: American homicide victim dubbed "The Black Dahlia.
- Roberto Frinolli:
- Albert Lesacqz: St Amand les Eaux Journalist
- Jean Vernin: Melun EXecutives
- Lloyd Bochner: Canadian-American actor (d. 2005)
- Black Dahlia: Murder victim found in LA (basis of the movie)
- Paul Runyan wins the PGA golf championship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 July 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Deep in My Heart - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- It Had to Be You - Marion Harris
- Monavanna - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Lazy - Blossom Seeley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?