Thursday 10 July 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernd Arnulf Mertz and Roger-Edgar Gillet.
Destiny, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1924 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Bernd Arnulf Mertz
- Roger-Edgar Gillet
- Bernd Mertz: German writer, a journalist, Jungian psychologist, occultist (tarot, numerology), astrologer and graphologist.
- Johnny Bach: American basketball player and coach (d. 2016).
- Bobo Brazil: American professional wrestler (Born 1924).
- Johannes B van Heutsz: Governor-General of Dutch Indies (1904-09), dies at 73.
- Denmark takes Greenland as Norway ends claim
- Railroad worker strike ends in Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?