Sunday 20 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lola Albright and Thomas Berger.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1924 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Lola Albright: American actress, stylish, tough-talking leading lady known for roles of a Barbara-Stanwyck type.
- Thomas Berger: United States -- Novelist (Vital Parts, Little Big Man).
- Tom Berger: American novelist who writes with humor, spontaneity and gusto, though sometimes rambling.
- Mary Mayo: American singer, best known for her wordless vocals on the space age pop era album, Moon Gas (1963), a collaboration with keyboardist/arranger Dick Hyman and guitarist Vinnie Bell.
- Hans Lodeizen [Johannes A Frederik]: Dutch poet (Inner Self).
- Mort Garson: Canadian-American songwriter and composer (d. 2008).
- Marcel Ryckaert: Belgium sport Champion.
- Lola Albright in Akron: Ohio, USA; actress (Delta Country, Kid Galahad).
- Teheran, Persia comes under martial law after the American vice-consul, Robert Imbrie, is killed by a religious mob enraged by rumors he had poisoned a fountain and killed several people.
- The Soviet sports newspaper ''Sovetskiy Sport'' is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet