Saturday 12 July 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jaap Geraedts and d' Ornano.
Destiny, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1924 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Wonder Who's Dancing with You Tonight? - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Does the Spearment Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- What'll I Do? - Henry Burr & Marcia Freer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?