Sunday 27 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Lesfargues and Pier Romita.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1924 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Bernard Lesfargues
- Pier Romita: Italian politician, a member of parliament from 1958.
- Vincent Canby: American historian and critic (d. 2000).
- Otar Taktakishvili: Georgian composer and conductor (d. 1989).
- Ferruccio Dante Michelangelo Benvenuto Busoni: Composer, dies at 58.
- 8th Olympic games closes in Paris
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Lazy - Blossom Seeley
- Monavanna - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- It Had to Be You - Marion Harris
- Deep in My Heart - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?