Monday 17 March 1913, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Dietrich and Pierre Ferrand.
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1913 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- The Uruguayan Air Force is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Get You Alone To-Night - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- American Quartet - That Old Girl of Mine
- On the Road to Mandalay - Frank Croxton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?