Sunday 17 November 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar White and Pieter A H Bos.
Der Schatz, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1929 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edgar White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Pieter A H Bos: Dutch lawyer / attorney General on Aruba.
- Sumner White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Bernard Dumontet: France Writer.
- Gorō Naya: Japanese actor and director (d. 2013).
- Norm Zauchin: American baseball player (Born 1929)
- Herman Hollerith: German / US statistician (punch card), dies at 69.
- Pascual Ortiz Rubio elected President of Mexico
- Stalin throws Nicolai Bucharin out of Politburo
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?