Sunday 17 November 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pieter A H Bos and Edgar White.
The Vagabond Lover, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1929 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edgar White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Pieter A H Bos: Dutch lawyer / attorney General on Aruba.
- Sumner White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Bernard Dumontet: France Writer.
- Gorō Naya: Japanese actor and director (d. 2013).
- Norm Zauchin: American baseball player (Born 1929).
- Herman Hollerith: German / US statistician (punch card), dies at 69.
- Pascual Ortiz Rubio elected President of Mexico
- Stalin throws Nicolai Bucharin out of Politburo