Friday 17 November 1922US date format: 11/17/1922, UK date format: 17/11/1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Saramago and Emile Noel.
Down to the Sea in Ships, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1922 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jose Saramago: Portuguese writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1922).
- Emile Noel: International civil servant.
- Stanley Cohen: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Robert Comtesse: Swiss lawyer and politician President of the Swiss National Council (d. 1922).
- Turkish Sultan Mehmed VI flees to Malta on British warship
- Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Georgette - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Three O'clock in the Morning - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra