Friday 17 November 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emile Noel and Stanley Cohen.
Down to the Sea in Ships, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1922 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Emile Noel: International civil servant.
- Stanley Cohen: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Robert Comtesse: Swiss lawyer and politician President of the Swiss National Council (d. 1922).
- Turkish Sultan Mehmed VI flees to Malta on British warship
- Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say it While Dancing - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Chicago - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?