Friday 17 October 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angelo Paccignini and Jimmy Breslin in Queens.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Angelo Paccignini: Composer.
- Jimmy Breslin in Queens: New York City, USA; columnist (New York Post, News, Newsday).
- Robert Atkins: American cardiologist best known for his revolutionary and controversial diet plan stressing low carbohydrates.
- Philippe Cuvillier: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Egypt (1981-1985), Brazil (1987-1989), Switzerland (1989-1991), and Italy (1991-1993).
- Marion Sandler: American economist, financier and CEO of Golden West Financial, one of the nations best managed Savings and Loan companies.
- Ismail Akbay: Turkish physicist and engineer (d. 2003)
- Jimmy Breslin: American journalist and author
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?