Friday 17 October 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Atkins and Jimmy Breslin in Queens.
Way for a Sailor, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Robert Atkins: American cardiologist best known for his revolutionary and controversial diet plan stressing low carbohydrates.
- Jimmy Breslin in Queens: New York City, USA; columnist (New York Post, News, Newsday).
- Philippe Cuvillier: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Egypt (1981-1985), Brazil (1987-1989), Switzerland (1989-1991), and Italy (1991-1993).
- Angelo Paccignini: Composer.
- Ismail Akbay: Turkish physicist and engineer (d. 2003).
- Jimmy Breslin: American journalist and author.
- Marion Sandler: American economist, financier and CEO of Golden West Financial, one of the nations best managed Savings and Loan companies.