Thursday 17 October 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rita Hayworth and Ralph Wilson.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 October 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Rita Hayworth: American actress who was one of the most famous pin-up girls of WW II.
- Ralph Wilson: American businessman founded the Buffalo Bills (d. 2014).
- De Kooy airport in the Netherlands opens
- Yugoslavia proclaims itself a republic.
- First use of American Code Talkers in World War I, by members of the Choctaq tribe in radio communications.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?