Thursday 17 October 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rita Hayworth and Louis Althusser.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Rita Hayworth: American actress who was one of the most famous pin-up girls of WW II.
- Louis Althusser: Philosopher.
- Ralph Wilson: American businessman founded the Buffalo Bills (d. 2014).
- De Kooy airport in the Netherlands opens
- Yugoslavia proclaims itself a republic.
- First use of American Code Talkers in World War I, by members of the Choctaq tribe in radio communications.