Tuesday April 15, 1941
US date format: 4/15/1941, UK date format: 15/4/1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 15, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Marius Masse and Beverly Potts.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 15, 1941?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- See more
- First helicopter flight of one hour duration, Stratford, Connecticut.
- In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- WWII: Axis forces reach Halfaya Pass on the Libyan-Egyptian frontier.
- Marius Masse
- Howard L Berman American politician (Representative-Democrat-California: 1983-).
- Beverly Potts: American missing child.
- Howard Berman: American lawyer and politician.
- See more