Wednesday 18 July 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Aldridge and Gisèle Galante.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1956 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Sheila Aldridge: American singer fbest known for her performances on the Lawrence Welk Show.
- Gisèle Galante: French noted family, the daughter of expatriate actress Olivia de Havilland and her husband, Paris Match editor Pierre Galante.
- Razor Shines: American baseball player, manager and coach.
- Willem J A Kerncamp: Dutch overseas minister (Islam & Woman), dies at 57.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 July 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?