Friday 19 August 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip A Potter and Gene Roddenberry.
Experience, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1921 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Philip A Potter: Dominica -- Secretary General World council of Churches.
- Gene Roddenberry: American writer best known for creating the TV series "Star Trek" which ran on NBC from its debut on 9/08/1966 for three years, 78 episodes.
- Pierre Buser: Strasbourg physician.
- Ty Cobb, is 4th to get 3,000 hits
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ain't We Got Fun? - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Van & Schenck - Ain't We got Fun?
- Peggy O'Neil - Billy Jones
- My Man (Mon Homme) - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?