Sunday 14 January 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Darcey and Billy Butterfield.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1917 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?