Sunday 19 September 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Wills and Lurieen Wallace.
The Strong Man, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1926 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Arthur Wills: Composer.
- Lurieen Wallace: (Gov-D-Alabama, 1966-68).
- Pierre Janssen: Art museum director.
- Duke Snider: American baseball player (d. 2011).
- Edwin "Duke": Snider; Brooklyn Dodgers' centerfielder (406 home runs).
- Joss Baselli: French accordionist.
- Carlo Fruttero: Italian writer, co-wrote with franco lucentini.
- Masatoshi Koshiba: Japanese physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- James Lipton: American actor, writer and host of Inside the Actors Studio
- Snider: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2011)
- 80,000 demonstrate for democratic peace in Hague
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 September 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?