Sunday 19 September 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Masatoshi Koshiba and James Lipton.
Dog Gone, directed by Mark Stouffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1926 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Masatoshi Koshiba: Japanese physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- James Lipton: American actor, writer and host of Inside the Actors Studio.
- Duke Snider: American professional baseball player (Born 1926).
- Nini Rosso
- Joss Baselli: French accordionist.
- Arthur Wills: Composer.
- Snider: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2011).
- Carlo Fruttero: Italian writer, co-wrote with franco lucentini.
- Lurieen Wallace: (Gov-D-Alabama, 1966-68).
- Pierre Janssen: Art museum director.
- Edwin "Duke": Snider; Brooklyn Dodgers' centerfielder (406 home runs).
- 80,000 demonstrate for democratic peace in Hague
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band