Friday 20 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Willis rock keyboardist (Blood and Osvaldo Bevilacqua.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Larry Willis rock keyboardist (Blood: Sweat and Tears).
- Osvaldo Bevilacqua: Italian journalist, television writer and television presenter.
- Pat Chapman: English chef and author founded The Curry Club.
- Connie Mack acquires controlling interest in the Kansas City Athletics for US$42,000.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra