Friday 20 July 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mima Jaušovec and Paul Cook.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 July 1956 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Mima Jaušovec
- Paul Cook: English drummer (Sex Pistols The Professionals Chiefs of Relief and Man Raze).
- Michael Gordon: American composer.
- Baby Rodden: American stillbirth, a full-term baby who bled to death approximately 00:30 AM.
- Dwayne Wayans: Composer.
- Ryo Ishibashi: Japanese actor and singer (ARB).
- Charlie Magri: World champ flyweight boxer (1983).
- Jim Prentice: Canadian lawyer and politician 16th Premier of Alberta.
- Barbara Risman: American sociologist and academic.
- Mima Jausovec: in Yugoslavia; tennis player (French Open-1977).
- James Alexander Calder: Canadian politician (Born 1868).
- Great Britain refuses to lend Egypt money to build Aswan Dam
- Yankee pitcher Whitey Ford ties AL record of 6 straight strike-outs
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?