Monday 21 April 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 21, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hilda Hilst and Mario Covas.
All Quiet on the Western Front, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1930 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Hilda Hilst: Brazilian writer who often described herself as "the forgotten poet.
- Mario Covas
- Obie Henderson: American real estate broker who lived and traveled with Richard Eberling for 30 years as a couple from the time they met in 1960.
- Richard Rosenberg: American executive and CEO in charge of Bankamerica Corporation, an international banking and financial services institution.
- Antony Jay: Writer.
- Dieter Roth: German-Swiss illustrator and sculptor (d. 1998).
- Jack Taylor: English footballer and referee (d. 2012).
- Silvana Mangano: Rome, Italy -- Actress (Death in Venice, Barabbas).
- Don Tyson: Founder of Tyson Foods.
- Fire at Ohio State Penitentiary kills 322
- Fire (set as part of an escape attempt) at Ohio State Penitentiary kills 320.