Wednesday 2 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Girolamo Arriego and Grace Lee Whitney.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1930 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Grace Lee Whitney: Actress.
- Girolamo Arriego: Composer.
- W Hambleden: Smith; English newspaper magnate (WH Smith bookstores).
- Roddy Maude-Roxby: English actor.
- Yelizaveta Yermolayeva: Russian runner.
- Empress Zauditu: of Ethiopia (Born 1876).
- 1st NY-Bermuda airplane flight lands in Bermuda
- First New York-Bermuda airplane flight lands in Bermuda.
- After the mysterious death of Empress Zewditu, Haile Selassie is proclaimed emperor of Ethiopia.