Tuesday 8 April 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Tutin and Andrew Bowden.
Ladies of Leisure, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1930 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Dorothy Tutin: British leading actress of noted Shakespearean roles and some films since 1952.
- Andrew Bowden
- Julien Van Remoortere [Piet Mortelman]: Flemish writer (Fist).
- John Reardon in New York City: New York, USA; baritone (Falke-Die Fledermaus).
- Dolores Barrymore: American noted family, the daughter of John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, (who was born on 9/17/1905 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Wilma De Angelis: Italian singer and presenter, famous for her kitchen talk-show, and her cooking skills.
- Carlos Hugo: Duke of Parma (d. 2010).
- John Bartholomew Tucker: Pennsylvania, United States -- TV host (Candid Camera, Treasure Island).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?