Saturday 12 April 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou A and Betty Clooney in Maysville.
The Divorcee, directed by Norma Shearer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1930 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Betty Clooney in Maysville: Kentucky, USA; singer (Jack Paar Show).
- Lou A: de Graaf; Dutch Assistant Secretary of Social Affairs (VDA).
- Micha? Zyczkowski: Polish technician (d. 2006).
- Manuel Neri: American artist, sculptor.
- Gustave Scholz: German olympic boxer.
- John Landy: Australian runner and politician 26th Governor of Victoria.
- Michał Życzkowski: Polish technician and educator (d. 2006).
- Bryan Magee: English philosopher and politician.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?