Tuesday 29 April 1930US date format: 4/29/1930, UK date format: 29/4/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Rochefort and Kyoko Kishida.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1930 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jean Rochefort: French actor and director.
- Kyoko Kishida
- James Baker: Politician.
- Carolyn Jones: Actress.
- Rik Coppens: Belgium sport Champion.
- Telephone connection England-Australia goes into service.
- North Sea floodgate at Ijmuiden (biggest in world) officially opens.
- 123 runs are scored in 7 Major League Baseball games.