Wednesday 23 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Oppenheimer in New York City and Silvana Mangano.
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1930 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Alan Oppenheimer in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Six Million Dollar Man, Eischied).
- Silvana Mangano: Italian actress who became a sultry star in 1949 with her role in "Bitter Rice.
- Michael Bowen: Roman Catholic Archbishop (Southwark).
- Alan Oppenheimer: American actor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?