Wednesday 16 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbie Mann and Sacha Briquet.
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1930 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Herbie Mann: American flute player and composer (d. 2003).
- Sacha Briquet
- Herbie Mann in Brooklyn: New York, USA; jazz flute/sax (Just Wallin').
- Doug Beasy: Australian footballer and educator (d. 2013).
- Fyodor Bogdanovsky: Russian weightlifter (d. 2014).
- John Robson: British ambassador (Norway).
- Frank Page: British broadcaster / actor (Hudson Hawk, Dark Dancer).
- Jose Carlos Mariategui: Peruvian journalist, political philosopher and activist (Born 1894).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?