Wednesday 16 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbie Mann and Sacha Briquet.
All Quiet on the Western Front, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1930 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Herbie Mann: American flute player and composer (d. 2003).
- Sacha Briquet
- Herbie Mann in Brooklyn: New York, USA; jazz flute/sax (Just Wallin').
- Frank Page: British broadcaster / actor (Hudson Hawk, Dark Dancer).
- Fyodor Bogdanovsky: Russian weightlifter (d. 2014).
- Jose Carlos Mariategui: Peruvian journalist, political philosopher and activist (Born 1894).