Monday 21 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Hardie and Geoffrey Keen.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1916 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Bill Hardie: Scottish pro fiddler and teacher, with his first BBC broadcast at age 16.
- Geoffrey Keen
- Consuelo Velázquez: Mexican pianist and songwriter (d. 2005).
- William John Raff Hooper: Cartoonist.
- Bill Lee: American actor and singer (d. 1980).
- Peru declares neutrality
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet