Monday 21 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William John Raff Hooper and Bill Hardie.
Rolling Stones, directed by Del Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Just David by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1916 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- William John Raff Hooper: Cartoonist.
- Bill Hardie: Scottish pro fiddler and teacher, with his first BBC broadcast at age 16.
- Bill Lee: American actor and singer (d. 1980).
- Consuelo Velázquez: Mexican pianist and songwriter (d. 2005).
- Peru declares neutrality
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?