Friday 11 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Beck and Marc Beigbeder.
The Devil's Needle, directed by Chester Withey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Just David by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1916 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Jim Beck: Influential country music talent agent, record promoter, recording studio owner, A&R engineer, record producer, and music publisher.
- Marc Beigbeder: French philosopher, essayist, journalist and polemicist.
- William Coors: American chemical engineer and CEO of Adolph Coors Brewing Company, a large beer manufacturing/distribution company.
- Johnny Claes: English-Belgian race car driver and trumpet player (d. 1956).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt
- Alma Gluck - The Nightingale Song
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?