Thursday 10 August 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clement WK Mundle and Bernard Fuchs.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Clement WK Mundle
- John Clark: Hampton, Iowa -- Actor (Graveyard of Horror).
- Bernard Fuchs: French military pilot, a flying ace in World War II.
- Jim Mertz: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Washington Senators for one season in 1943.
- Clement Mundle: Scottish philosopher and professor, actively involved in a study of parapsychology, publishing many articles.
- Turks annex Persian city Hamadan from Russia