Thursday August 10, 1916
US date format: 8/10/1916, UK date format: 10/8/1916
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 10, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Clement WK Mundle and Bernard Fuchs.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 1916?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- Turks annex Persian city Hamadan from Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10, 1916?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Geoffrey O'Hara - They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland)