Thursday 10 August 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Clark and Bernard Fuchs.
The Devil's Needle, directed by Chester Withey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- John Clark: Hampton, Iowa -- Actor (Graveyard of Horror).
- Bernard Fuchs: French military pilot, a flying ace in World War II.
- Jim Mertz: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Washington Senators for one season in 1943.
- Clement Mundle: Scottish philosopher and professor, actively involved in a study of parapsychology, publishing many articles.
- Turks annex Persian city Hamadan from Russia
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Alma Gluck - The Nightingale Song
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?