Saturday 5 August 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Viereck .
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1916 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Peter Viereck: American poet and academic (d. 2006).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt
- Alma Gluck - The Nightingale Song
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?