Tuesday 15 August 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Ayer and Ulrich Prager.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1916 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker