Friday August 25, 1916
US date format: 8/25/1916, UK date format: 25/8/1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 25, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Van Johnson and Frederick C Robbins.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 25, 1916?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- US Congress establishes the National Park Service as part of the Department of the Interior.
- The United States National Park Service is created.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs legislation creating the National Park Service.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 25, 1916?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lyric Quartet - My Dreamy China Lady
- Joseph Cawthorn - I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife