Friday 25 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Van Johnson and Frederick C Robbins.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Van Johnson: American actor, a boyish looking red head who played in some 125 films in the '40s and '50s.
- Frederick C Robbins
- Paul Legatte
- Marcel Domergue: French volleyball champion.
- Erich Von Stroheim Jr: Actor / director (Napoleon, Sunset Blvd).
- Saburō Sakai: Japanese lieutenant and pilot (d. 2000).
- Frederick Robbins: American scientist, a physician, pediatrician and Nobel Prize Winner along with Enders and Weller for Medicine and Physiology on 12/10/1954.
- Frederic Robbins: US bacteriologist.
- Saburo Sakai: Japanese aviator (d. 2000).
- US Congress establishes the National Park Service as part of the Department of the Interior.
- The United States National Park Service is created.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs legislation creating the National Park Service.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet