Friday 25 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Van Johnson and Frederick C Robbins.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Van Johnson: American actor, a boyish looking red head who played in some 125 films in the '40s and '50s.
- Frederick C Robbins
- Paul Legatte
- Marcel Domergue: French volleyball champion.
- Erich Von Stroheim Jr: Actor / director (Napoleon, Sunset Blvd).
- Saburō Sakai: Japanese lieutenant and pilot (d. 2000).
- Frederick Robbins: American scientist, a physician, pediatrician and Nobel Prize Winner along with Enders and Weller for Medicine and Physiology on 12/10/1954.
- Frederic Robbins: US bacteriologist.
- Saburo Sakai: Japanese aviator (d. 2000).
- US Congress establishes the National Park Service as part of the Department of the Interior.
- The United States National Park Service is created.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs legislation creating the National Park Service.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet