Monday 28 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack [Holbrook] Vance and Helene Baillargeon.
Dare ga sode otôkichi, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while The Real Adventure by Henry Kitchell Webster was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1916 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jack [Holbrook] Vance: United States -- Sci-fi author (2 Hugo, Dirdir, Pnume).
- Helene Baillargeon: Quebec singer and folklorist (d. 1997).
- C Mills: American sociologist, and a professor of sociology at Columbia University from 1946 until his death from a heart attack on 20 March 1962 in West Nyack, New York.
- Bernard Barberon: Paris 17?me Military man.
- Hélène Baillargeon: Canadian singer and actress (d. 1997).
- C Wright: C. Wright Mills American sociologist and author (d. 1962)
- Jack Vance: American author (d. 2013)
- Francis W Warre-Cornish: Engl vice-provost of Eton (1893-1916).
- World War I: Germany declares war on Romania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?