Monday 28 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Knott and Helene Baillargeon.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1916 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Frederick Knott
- Helene Baillargeon: Quebec singer and folklorist (d. 1997).
- C Mills: American sociologist, and a professor of sociology at Columbia University from 1946 until his death from a heart attack on 20 March 1962 in West Nyack, New York.
- Bernard Barberon: Paris 17?me Military man.
- Jack [Holbrook] Vance: United States -- Sci-fi author (2 Hugo, Dirdir, Pnume).
- C Wright: C.
- Jack Vance: American author (d. 2013).
- Hélène Baillargeon: Canadian singer and actress (d. 1997).
- Francis W Warre-Cornish: Engl vice-provost of Eton (1893-1916).
- World War I: Germany declares war on Romania.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Prince's Orchestra
- I Sent My Wife to the Thousand Isles - Al Jolson
- At the End of a Beautiful Day - Elizabeth Wheeler
- It's a Hundred to One You're in Love - M.J. O'Connell