Saturday 21 December 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Keene in Berkeley and Josh Mostel.
Humoresque, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Campus Hoopla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Christopher Keene in Berkeley: California, USA; conductor (La Traviata).
- Josh Mostel: New York, United States -- Actor (Windy City, Animal Behavior, Money Pit).
- Carl Dean Wilson in Hawthorne: California, USA; rock vocalist (Beach Boys - "Barbie", "Good Vibrations").
- C Jérôme: French pop singer.
- Cristina Matalon: Italian homicide, a woman who killed her husband Antonio, son Paolo and their dog, Zar, before killing herself with her husband's gun, 31 August 2001, 13:30 in Milan.
- Carl Wilson: American musician, one of the three brothers who formed "The Beach Boys" along with their cousin Mike Love and pal, Al Jardine. The group's first paid performance was on 12/31/1962 with Carl on lead guitar and vocals. The group was a hit from that minute on, eventually selling more than 100 million records. Through the '60s and on, the band defined the "surfing beat" with such songs as "I Get Around," "Good Vibrations," Help Me Rhonda" and "Surfin' U.S.A."
- Roy Karch: American director producer and screenwriter
- Christopher Keene: American conductor (Born 1946)
- Kevin Peek: Australian guitarist and songwriter (Sky) (d. 2013)
- If the Shoe Fits closes at Century Theater NYC after 20 performances
- Earthquake in South Japan kills 1,086.
- Frank Capra's movie It's a Wonderful Life premieres in theaters in the USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?