Thursday 21 September 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean de Beer and Jean De Beer.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1911 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Jean de Beer
- Jean De Beer: French administrator of the Comédie Française, 1945-47 and a radio host and producer.
- Jean Beer: Roubaix Writer.
- Arab Pasha: "al-Misri" [Pasha Ahmad Arab), Egyptian minister.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra