Sunday 21 September 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aya Zikken and Fazlur Rahman.
The Dragon Painter, directed by William Worthington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1919 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Aya Zikken: Author (Atlasvlinder, Rameh).
- Fazlur Rahman: Pakistani scholar (d. 1988).
- Mario Bunge: Argentinian-Canadian physicist and philosopher.
- Herman Fowlkes: Jr.
- Fazlur Malik: Pakistani philosopher and scholar (d. 1988).
- 33rd US Womens Tennis: Hazel H Wightman beats M Zinderstein (61 62)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - John Steel
- Smilin' Through - Reinald Werrenrath
- Dear Old Pal of Mine - Sascha Jacobsen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?