Tuesday September 22, 1908
US date format: 9/22/1908, UK date format: 22/9/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 22, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Esphyr Slobodkina .
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 22, 1908?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- See more
- Bulgaria declares independence from Ottoman Empire (Turkey)
- Esphyr Slobodkina: Russian-American author and illustrator...
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 22, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - The ABCs of the U.S.A.