Tuesday 22 September 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Esphyr Slobodkina .
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1908 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Esphyr Slobodkina: Russian-American author and illustrator (d. 2002).
- Bulgaria declares independence from Ottoman Empire (Turkey)
- The independence of Bulgaria is proclaimed.