Sunday 22 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Bradley in Philadelphia and Ed Bradley.
The Big Store, directed by Charles Riesner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1941 ?
- Ed Bradley in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; CBS news correspondant (60 Minutes).
- Ed Bradley: American journalist (d. 2006).
- Michael Lerner: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (8 Men Out, Harlem Nights).
- Terttu Savola: Finnish journalist and politician.
- Estonians starts armed resistance against Soviet occupation
- Germany attacks the Soviet Union and occupies the Baltic states
- Germany, Italy and Romania declares war on Soviet Union during WWII
- Michael Gerasimov opens grave of Tamerlan Lenk
- President Roosevelt signs GI Bill of Rights
- Finland invades Karelia.
- Various Communist and Socialist French Resistance movements merge to one group.
- The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa. The Soviet 22 June Song is dedicated to this day.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?