Sunday 22 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Lerner (actor) and Jean Bardet.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1941 ?
- Michael Lerner (actor)
- Jean Bardet
- Ed Bradley: American journalist (d. 2006).
- Joe Flaherty: Actor.
- Terttu Savola: Finnish journalist and politician.
- Michael Lerner: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (8 Men Out, Harlem Nights).
- Ed Bradley in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; CBS news correspondant (60 Minutes).
- Estonians starts armed resistance against Soviet occupation
- Germany attacks the Soviet Union and occupies the Baltic states
- Germany, Italy and Romania declares war on Soviet Union during WWII
- Michael Gerasimov opens grave of Tamerlan Lenk
- President Roosevelt signs GI Bill of Rights
- Finland invades Karelia.
- Various Communist and Socialist French Resistance movements merge to one group.
- The June Uprising in Lithuania begins.
- Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa. The Soviet 22 June Song is dedicated to this day.