Thursday 22 March 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles "Chuck" Jackson American singer (Playboy and Enric Majó.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1945 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Charles "Chuck" Jackson American singer (Playboy: Independents).
- Enric Majó: Spanish theatre actor who starred in Spanish productions of Hamlet (1970) and The Lady of the Camellias (1978).
- Ginny Stevenson: American talent coordinator for "The Tonight Show.
- Alan Opie: Baritone (Boughton Bethlehem, Britten 5 Canticles).
- Eric Roth: American screenwriter and producer.
- Peter Williams: English physicist and academic
- US 3rd Army crosses Rhine at Nierstein
- US third Army crosses Rhine at Nierstein.
- The Arab League is founded when a charter is adopted in Cairo, Egypt.
- WWII ndash Operation Varsity: Two airborne divisions capture bridges across the Rhine River to aid the Allied advance.
- Sylvester the cat, a cartoon character, debuts in ''Life with Feathers''
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 March 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - There! I've Said it Again
- Phil Moore Four - My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?