Monday 19 March 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Achériaux and Randy Kraft.
A Royal Scandal, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 March 1945 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Bernard Achériaux
- Randy Kraft: American serial killer who was found guilty 5/12/1989 of 18 counts of murder in the first degree, and suspected of as many as 67 victims.
- Ruth Cunha Cintra
- Pierre Charras
- Alfred Recours
- John Holder: English cricketer and umpire.
- Modestas Paulauskas: Lithuanian basketball player and coach.
- Raymond Plant: Baron Plant of Highfield English academic and politician.
- Lisa Nicole Baker: Detroit, Texas -- Playmate of the year (November 1966).
- Stefanos Kiriakidis: Greek actor.
- Bernard Archeriaux: French accident victim known as ‘’Mr.
- Ruth Cintra: Brazilian publisher and book store owner.
- Fritz Fromm: German supreme commander of Reserve army, is executed.
- 800 killed as Kamikaze attacked USS Franklin off Japan
- Hitler orders all German factories destroyed
- US Task Force 58 attacks ships near Kobe / Kure
- British 36th division conquers Mogok (ruby mine).
- Adolf Hitler issues an order calling for the destruction of anything of value on retreat.
- World War II: Adolf Hitler issues his ''Nero Decree'' ordering all industries, military installations, shops, transportation facilities and communications facilities in Germany to be destroyed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Phil Moore Four - My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - There! I've Said it Again
- My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?