Thursday November 22, 1906
US date format: 11/22/1906, UK date format: 22/11/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 22, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Howard Petrie and Lee Patrick.
The Magic Flute, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 22, 1906?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- See more
- International Radio Telecommunications Com adopts "SOS" as new call for help.
- Earnest Josephson: Swedish painter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 22, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Not Because Your hair is Curly
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Susan, Kiss Me Good and Hard
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Let Me See You Smile
- Billy Murray & Len Spencer - Pat and Mike McGee
- Richard Jose - Nearer My God to Thee