Thursday 22 November 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Petrie and Lee Patrick.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 November 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1906!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1906 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Howard Petrie: Beverly, Massachusetts -- Actor (Border River, Bounty Hunter).
- Lee Patrick: NYC, New York -- Actress (Henrietta-Topper, Maltese Falcon).
- Georges Cabanier: French naval officer, an admiral who died on 26 October 1976 in Paris.
- Earnest Josephson: Swedish painter.
- International Radio Telecommunications Com adopts "SOS" as new call for help.
- Russian Prime Minister Pyotr Stolypin introduces agrarian reforms aimed at creating a large class of land-owning peasants.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Nearer My God to Thee - Richard Jose
- Pat and Mike McGee - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
- Let Me See You Smile - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- Susan, Kiss Me Good and Hard - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Not Because Your hair is Curly - Billy Murray