Saturday 16 September 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Reboul and Wilfred Burchett.
The Lost Letter, directed by Mikhail Rakovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1911 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Jean Reboul: Nancy physician.
- Wilfred Burchett: Australia -- Communist / writer (Catapult to Freedom).
- Paul Henning: American TV/film producer and writer (Born 1911).
- Edward Whymper: English-French mountaineer explorer author and illustrator (d. 1911).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan