Friday 29 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Victor Jones and Ellsworth Vines.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1911 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Reginald Victor Jones: CH, FRS natural philosopher.
- Ellsworth Vines: American tennis champion who won the Men's Singles Championship at Wimbledon in 1932.
- H Vines: Los Angeles sports Champions.
- Yanks steal 15 bases and get 13 walks, beating Browns 16-12; with a major-league record 6 stolen bases in 1 inning
- Italy declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Naughty Marietta Selection - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely - Lyric Quartet