Wednesday 27 September 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Muir Doig and John Harvey.
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1911 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Peter Muir Doig: Politician.
- John Harvey: English actor (d. 1982).
- Marcey Jacobson: American-Mexican photographer (d. 2009).
- Auguste Michel-Levy: French geologist (Born 1844).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?